Sunday, September 12, 2010

Follow up to OHSS

So, I ended up going to the doctor today for an ultrasound because I was just so uncomfortable. My ovaries are extremely large and just floating in fluid. If it gets worse, I can go in and get it drained. I would really like to do just fix it at home with lots of Powerade and foods high in sodium.

My nurse knows we tested at home but not my doctor. He kept saying, this is a great sign though because OHSS gets worse when pregnancy so even though you are uncomfortable, it's a great sign. He said it can go away on it's own and it depends on how long it stays around. If I continue to do the things they told me then hopefully it'll be better soon.

I couldn't help but laugh. My nurse is 6 1/2 months pregnant and our bellies are literally the same size. I said people are going to be confused when I go from huge from bloat to normal when bloat goes away back to big from an actually baby belly. Hopefully no one asks if I am pregnant because to say "oh 4 weeks" would be embarrassing.

So... let's hope and pray this thing fixes itself on it's own because I really don't want to get my ovaries drained although I know it won't hurt me or the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment