Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Beta #1 in

I got my blood draw done two days earlier then scheduled because I was at the office getting an ultrasound. So, the great news as my nurse would say is " I am very pregnant". Yesterday 9dp5dt and my beta was 231. Usually at 11dp5dt they are looking for a number around 100 so I am two days early and over double the number they are looking for. Her theory: multiples but we will see next week at our first ultrasound. I go in tomorrow for another blood draw to make sure it's doubled.

On the down side, I ended up getting my stomach drained and getting a chest x-ray. I don't know if the doctors did something wrong but it hurt to get my stomach drained. I could feel them moving around in my stomach when they put the small tube in. I kept tensing up and started sweating. It was short but no fun.

There was another lady getting the same procedure done while I was there. This is her second time getting drained from IVF in the past two weeks. She is also pregnant. I hope that was it for me and this will all go away. I did feel better after I had it done. My stomach felt a lot less tight but it's still sensitive. I know a lot of that is from the enormous ovaries I have right now. I am still having a little difficulty breathing but it may just be that I am getting a chest cold or something. They did an x-ray but I never heard the results so the nurse told me she would find out and get back with me.

So, right now... I am pregnant. 4 weeks and 1 day.

2 comments: