Saturday, September 4, 2010

Embryo Transfer done!

We got there at 9:30, right on time and had to wait about a half hour. They were running behind with the embryo transfer before ours. The embryologist called us back and discussed everything with us.

We have three they are discarding because they arrested. 2 blastocysts and 7 that they will watch to see about freezing them tomorrow.

We transferred two blastocysts... they are hatching blastocysts which she said is great and even ahead of schedule. They shouldn't have began hatching until the end of the day so she said they look great.

B and I went back to the room. I got in my gown, he got in his scrubs. We waited for a little while and they did an ultrasound to make sure my bladder was full enough. Yeah, that's not fun when you do have a full bladder!

The Dr. and embryologist came in. B got to look at the embryo's through a microscope. I'm so jealous. I would have loved to see them. And we got to watch on the screen as they inserted them into my uterus. We even got some pictures. It's hard to tell what they are but we know where they are and will cherish them.

We are both so very excited. Brett made smile so big today. He walked downstairs in his "Where ever you go, whatever you do, may the luck of the Irish be with you". I said is that your lucky charm? He said oh stop making fun of me but I know he wore it on purpose.

I am home now, laying on the couch. B went to go pick us up lunch. So now, we wait....progesterone draw is next Wednesday and pregnancy test is on the 15th at 7:40am.


1 comment:

  1. Two hatched blastocysts for a due date a month after Easter? Sounds about perfect to me. Now only ten slow days to go...

    ReplyDelete