Wednesday, September 8, 2010

4dp5dt

Is there a fast forward button? I am going crazy here! I'd love if this week just flew by!

Today, I had to go to La Jolla for my progesterone blood draw. Everything looks good and I am staying on the same amount of progesterone.

I have to say, I really like the nurses there. I'm sure I've said it before but they are so funny and nice. I get along with them all so well. The nurse who told me not to cheat and test early asked me if I plan to cheat. I just smiled. I said I don't know yet but if I did, I am sure I wouldn't be the first. Another nurse chimed in, "and you would not be the last". They said just don't test too early. I told them I was thinking this weekend I would. She said, if it's positive, be cautiously excited. If it's negative, don't get crushed because we aren't out of the game until beta. I said, I am pretty optimistic, they gave us a great chance... over 80%. She just smiled and said, yes, they did. She said, speaking of, how do you feel about twins? I said I would love it. She said, and Brett? I said he would love it even more. So... we still haven't decided when but we are going to cheat and test early. We are going to the store tonight and will probably pick up some tests then. It'll be very hard to not do them when Brett is at work the next two days!

When I was telling Brett about my conversation with the nurses, he just smiled so big and said "I love you". I know he is trying to be neutral and not get his hopes up but I can tell that he is getting excited.

Speaking of excited.... my mother in-law is so excited. Her and I talked today for 3 hours. I told her we are cheating and testing early but didn't tell her when. She kept trying to trick me. I'm sort of known for not being good at holding secrets so she kept trying to be sly about it but not this time. I said I'd like to keep something a surprise and just be able to call them without them knowing what day to say they are going to be grandparents. She is very set on thinking it's Sunday the 12th since that is Grandparent's day.

Please little embryos... I hope you are snuggled in there nicely now and making your home for the next 9 months!

As far as symptoms, none. I feel great actually. Less bloated and even wearing blue jeans today (which haven't been fitting due to bloat). Brett keeps asking, well, do you feel pregnant? Unfortantely, nope but I'm not discouraged by that.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your progesterone is looking good. You're on the home stretch now - not long to go.

    ReplyDelete