Monday, August 9, 2010

Praise the Lord, it's August!

Our month has finally arrived (okay... I'm 9 days late, I know!) I am so excited to get this show on the road. I have an appointment tomorrow and I start Lupron, my first shot. I am a little nervous and overwhelmed but one day at a time, we will get through this. And, the end result is going to be worth every needle, every pills, every blood draw.

Brett's 27th birthday was on Saturday. It's hard to believe he is 27. I know, we are not old by any means but I feel like it was yesterday we were in our teens, flirting and being silly with each other. Now we are married and on our journey to start our family. I love who we have both become and I am so excited for our next chapter.

We went to see "the Other Guys" for his birthday. We both thought it was hilarious. I rarely laugh out loud during movies, usually I just smile if I think it's funny but I was truly laughing out loud. Then we went to Red Lobster for dinner. It was so delicious, even though we had just had seafood the night before with my cousin and her family in San Diego. I was going to have them sing happy birthday to Brett at Red Lobster but I figured he had enough that day. He got some money to go toward car parts he wants for the SS so that made him happy. We even got to skype with my nieces for a little bit. I really wanted Tatum (my two year old niece) to sing "Happy to you Uncle Brett" but the child does not act on demand! It truly is the cutest thing ever. Mackenzie (my 4 year old niece) did sing him happy birthday though so that made Brett happy.

Brett is on the range this week so we have to figure out the car situation for my appointment tomorrow. He usually drives his motorcycle but has to bring his flak and kevlar all week so, I'm not sure what the plan is for tomorrow.

We have a busy couple weeks ahead of us but we are both really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment