Wednesday, August 18, 2010

CD1 - Let's get this party started!

Today is CD 1. Tomorrow I go in for an ultrasound and bloodwork to see if I am ready to start stims. I am hoping and praying everything will look good so we can move forward. If everything looks good, I get all my meds tomorrow and start Follistim and Menopur on the 20th (Friday).

And man, oh man do I have side effects! I have a raging headache. It's non-stop. Usually when I have a headache, I can take a nap or go to bed for the night and when I wake up, the headache is done. Nope, not these headaches. Literally I go to bed with a pounding headache. I wake up at 1 am to go to the bathroom and still have the headache. Wake up in the morning, yup, still there! It's horrible. I'm bloated. I've been having serious hot flashes and it doesn't help that it's over a 100 degree outside but... I am keeping my eyes on the prize! Every single second will be worth it when we have a beautiful baby here.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that headache never goes away, does it? At least we know the drugs are working. Good luck for your suppression check tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete