Thursday, August 19, 2010

Onward and Upward we go!

Today was my suppression appointment to make sure Lupron is doing it's job, make sure I have no cysts and they taught me how to do the next two shots. Everything looks great. He said everything looks the way it should and counted all the follicles and said it's a great number. My bloodwork came back good so tomorrow I start Menopur and Follistim. I will continue with 10 units of Lupron between 7-9 am and add 1 vial of Menopur with it every morning. I will do 75 units of Follistim at 7-9pm.

My IVF Coordinator was off today so I met with another lady and she really helped me out. She taught me all the shots and how to mix the Menopur. I told her my fear of doing something wrong and messing everything up. She told me not to worry and that I can't mess it up. She said that is why they check my blood every day. If I missed a dosage or did something wrong, they would be able to correct it.

She also said she doesn't think I will need to do the full 10 days of stims. She thinks it'll be more like 8 days which would make our egg retrieval on the 29th. She said at the end, I most likely won't be using very much Menopur and Follistim because it's not going to take much to get me where I need to be.

I got all my medication from the pharmacy. I was a little overwhelmed but I took the advice of someone off the bump and bought some tubberware. I seperated it from the medicine I need
now and what I'll use later. It made it a little easier.
When I updated Brett about my appointment, he kept saying how excited he is. I am excited but I have to remind myself that there is a possibility it won't work.

Next appointment is Sunday at 9:30 for bloodwork.

1 comment:

  1. Great news. Sounds like you're going to respond really well to the stims. The hope/fear balance is difficult to manage - where will we be nine months from here?

    ReplyDelete