Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Surgery finally scheduled!


After a month of waiting to hear back from the surgery coordinator, I finally was able to schedule my surgery today. It's July 22nd at 11:30 am. I have pre-op on the 19th and post-op on the 29th. Hopefully this means I will start my meds the second week of August. I emailed my IVF coordinator so I am waiting to hear back as to when we will get to move forward. This whole waiting thing is driving me crazy...even though it's such a short amount of time compared to the 3 years we have been trying to get pregnant.

In other news, we had such a great 4th of July! We went to a car show with fireworks and a parade. A kind gentleman gave us tickets to a suite with free food and drinks and an amazing view of the fireworks show. Plus, it was air conditioned! We had so much fun and it was so nice to see how much the people around us support their troops. I was amazed during the opening ceremony when the Mayor of Fontana came out and said a prayer for our troops! I mean, we are in California...I didn't know they prayed at events. It really touched my heart until it was ruined when 2 14 year old girls in our suite talked the entire prayer. I told Brett it made me so sad to see these girls lack of respect. It makes me happy to know that I was raised to respect God and prayer to know that you do not talk during prayer. Brett got upset when they asked for a moment of silence during the passing of the colors (flags) and the ladies in our suite kept talking. Maybe it's just us, but we take that stuff seriously. But all in the all, it was a great day!

Brett is part of a paintball team for his battalion that is in a tournament right now. He is very proud that they are in first place and completely kickin' butt. He has some more games this weekend and if they win, they get money for the Marine Corps ball in November. Which will be our first ball and I am VERY excited to get all dolled up!


No comments:

Post a Comment