Sunday, December 5, 2010

'Tis the Season

I was so excited to decorate this Christmas. Last Christmas, Brett was deployed so I was at my parent's house. So this year, I got to put up our own decorations that have only been used for one year. I actually forgot what all I had. Our living room is a little small with a larger sectional so no room in the living room. Our tree is in the dining room and although it's in a weird spot, it looks beautiful. I love waking up every morning to the Christmas tree all bright and beautiful. I have it on a timer to turn on right before I wake up!

This Christmas is going to be bitterswe
et. I am very excited because my In-Laws (Mother in-law, Father in-law and Sister in-law) will be down here. But, it'll be my first Christmas away from my family so it'll be a little sad. I am thankful that Brett's family will be down here though because he didn't get a real Christmas last year and really deserves one this year since he won't have one again next year. Dang deployments!

This year is extra special too because we've got our little babies cookin' this year. Next year, I know it'll be hard because it'll be our boys' first Christmas and Brett won't be here but I know our families will do everything they can to help us have a great Christmas.

I am what you can call a "moto" wife aka motivational wife. I have a very love/hate relationship with the Marine Corps but at the end of the day, I love the Marine Corps (and all our military branches). The past two Christmases I have bought Brett Marine Corps stockings. The original one was in our Christmas belongings in storage last year so I ordered another one to send to Afghanistan. So this year... I have two and I hung them very proudly.

We don't have snow...I don't have my family but we are going to have a wonderful Christmas here in sunny California (well, it's actually raining at the moment) and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment