Saturday, December 4, 2010

15 weeks!


I have been horrible about updating. We were in Arizona for Thanksgiving and since we've been back, I have been busy decorating and preparing for Christmas.

We had our 15 week appointment on Monday and everything looks great. We got to see both babies moving around. I gained 8 lbs in 5 weeks... EEK! but I blame that on Thanksgiving... haha! Our next appointment is on the 20th and I will be 18 weeks. They do the full scan as well as an appointment with the doctor. Not my doctor because he is out of town since it's the week of Christmas but I have to see all the doctors in the practice anyways so I'll be seeing another one.

But...Brett and I do not have much patience (mostly me) so we decided to go to a 3D ultrasound to do a gender reveal. It was amazing! They told me to drink a fruit smoothie before I got there so I did and man was it worth it! Baby B was moving all around, doing flips, kicking and moving. Baby A was just chilling...not moving as much. Right away, we could tell Baby B was a boy. He wasn't too shy about showing his stuff off. Baby A, on the other hand, was shy with legs all bent up and crossed. After much time and probing by the ultrasound tech, we found out Baby A is also a boy. So... two boys!


I won't lie... I was nervous at first. But after letting it settle, I am very excited. Boys will be really different for me but different is good. I am raised in a family of 4 girls...I have three nieces (two of which I have been around since birth) and a nephew. I haven't gotten to see my nephew as much so it's just a new thing for me. But after seeing how excited Brett is, I cannot help but be excited. He was all smiles throughout the entire ultrasound. He is so extremely happy and it just makes me so happy and excited. I am excited he will have his little guys to work in the garage with him and we'll have us some little hockey players or football players...or whatever they decide.

We've been playing the name game since then. We have one name for sure but the second name is still up in the air. We have some possibilities but nothing set in stone.

We decided to do another 3D ultrasound at 19 weeks...The tech said that is the best time for twins because after that, things start getting tighter in there. My In-Laws will be in town then so we are going to all go so they can watch too. Again I will say... it's amazing! Technology amazes me. We got the whole ultrasound on video and I've watched it multiple times just smiling the entire time.

So, that's about it. My belly is growing...our babies are growing and look great so I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment