Tuesday, April 26, 2011

36 weeks and...


...we are having some babies soon!

Well, this past week has been a little eventful and definitely proven the end of multiple pregnancies is hard. Friday I had my regular schedule NST and my blood pressure was very high for me. I also had traces of protein in my urine. But, the babies looked good on the NST and the Dr. checked the amniotic fluid and that looked good. My Dr. wanted me to go to the hospital to be monitored. As I was sitting outside his office and he was calling the hospital to let them know I am on my way, I heard him tell the nurse that if it stays high that he will "go ahead and take them". So, clearly that freaked me out. I told B to stay at work because I wasn't sure how long I'd be there.

So I got to the hospital, which is just gorgeous and I love it and everyone was making a huge fuss over how small I am for twins so they didn't think I was very far along. I kept saying I am 35 weeks, almost 36 weeks. I got taken up to L&D by wheelchair which felt so weird. I said I can walk but hospital policies say otherwise. I got changed into the gown, all hooked up to the monitors and lots of blood drawn. Then...laid there for 5 hours. Bloodwork came back that I do have preeclampsia but my blood pressure had gone down so they were letting me go home on strict bed rest. I had a NST scheduled for Tuesday already but he wanted to see my Monday instead.

I came home and have been sitting on the couch pretty much since then. I am not one for bed rest...I don't like being waited on. I like doing the cooking and the cleaning but I will say, I have the best husband. He has been taking great care of me, cooking dinner, cleaning and refilling my water every 30 minutes since I drink so much dang water! We did go to church on Sunday because I just really wanted to go to Easter service and I am glad we did go.

We went to my doctor appointment yesterday and my blood pressure is still high. NST was good though. Brett was with me and he was pretty interested in listening to their heart beats and watching the machine through contractions. He did freak a little when Camden would move and his heartbeat would drop off the monitor for a second. He said the heartbeat sounded like a horse galloping. The NST took a little longer then normal because they weren't very active but after a large cup of apple juice, they started moving a little more.

Doctor came in the room and said that instead of going forward with the c-section at 38 weeks (c-section because Baby A *Brayden* is still breech) he wants to do it closer to 37 weeks because of my preeclampsia. I am still on bedrest and go back Thursday for another NST and will schedule the c-section then but he said Sunday or Monday (May 1st or May 2nd). I am hoping for May 1st for various different reasons but I am pretty happy we will have it scheduled and we are almost done. Brett was/is so excited and being super hyper. I am excited but nervous. A c-section is still surgery. I've had surgery before but not involving two babies but I know everything will go good.

Luckily, everything is ready here. I'll have to put some last minute things in my hospital bag after getting ready and Brett needs to put some things in there as well but the diaper bag is packed (I may go through it again and add some more onesies and sleepers). I had put some preemie onesies and sleep gowns in there but I'm not sure they will be in preemie size. I packed two going home outfits each. One in newborn size and one in preemie size because I just don't know what size they will be.

My mom, sister and two nieces will be making the drive from Arizona on Monday. My dad will be getting here Tuesday morning so it'll be nice to have them all here when I get out of the hospital.

So, our boys will be here this weekend and my 37 week update will actually be their birth! :)

As far as stats go:
I've gained 50 lbs.
I have gotten stretch marks but they are not that bad. The worse thing is one of my gallbladder scars down by my belly button has stretched and itches like heck!
Most of my maternity clothes are too small now so I live in yoga pants and tank tops right now.
No cravings now...in fact, I'm not hungry at all lately but I am making myself eat.
I will miss feeling the boys moving around but I am SO ready for Camden to get out of my rib cage!! He is all curled up in there and let me tell you, it hurts!

1 comment:

  1. lol.. I know you had the babies! soo cant wait to hear what happened!!

    ReplyDelete