Monday, March 28, 2011

32 weeks!

I cannot believe I am 32 weeks already. Part of me feels like I have been pregnant forever...the other part of me feels like it's just flown by. Pretty much everything is ready. Hospital bag is packed. Nursery is done. One of the two pack n plays are put together. We have a couple of small things to pick up and also, we need to purchase a double snap and go. But all in all, if we were to have babies anytime, we would be prepared. Well, maybe not mentally prepared yet but...hopefully that'll come soon? Or maybe there is just not mentally preparing to have TWO babies!

I'm suppose to be taking things really easy and that is hard for me. B keeps telling me to just sit down but the house doesn't clean itself. I want a clean home to come home to with our little guys. So, I've been breaking things up and doing a couple things a day and being a total bum the rest of the time.

I've gained 40+ lbs...at this point, I'm not really looking at the scale. I definitely feel huge. At my last appointment (30 weeks) I was measuring 43 cm. I get really swollen if I am up too much. My poor feet look huge! My fingers and toes are sore. It hurts to bend them. My hips pop and crack when I walk. My pelvic bone feels like it's broken. Baby Camden has nuzzled up in my rib cage and it's so uncomfortable. Brayden's feet are so low, it feels like his legs could fall out at any time.

But, as miserable as I am...I couldn't be happier. The closer we get, I won't lie... I am a nervous but excited. We've waited for this for so long and I am so happy to finally be here. In a way, it seems surreal. I am 8 months pregnant. These little guys could make an appearance at any time now (hopefully not for another 5 weeks though).

Right now and as far as I know, Brayden is still breech. My Dr. said I would be able to feel him flip because it'll hurt. I hurt but I haven't felt any hurting that I would associate with him flipping. We have a growth scan on Wednesday so we will see then. If he is still breech, my Dr. doesn't feel at this point he will be able to flip so we will be scheduling a c-section. He wants to schedule it for around 38-39 weeks. I'd like to schedule it for 37 weeks. We will see. There is always a chance I'll go into labor before then so who knows!?

I am very excited that a new hospital in our area is opening this week and it's the hospital we will get to deliver at (if it's past 36 weeks). Anything earlier then 36 weeks and we will be going to a hospital up north with one of the highest rated NICU's in the area. We are relieved another hospital is opening up because we did a tour for the main hospital by my doctors office and were not happy with it. I did a lot of research and it has horrible reviews. I absolutely did not want to deliver there. So, hopefully we will be able to tour the new hospital soon!

All in all...things are going and before we know it, Brayden and Camden will be making their appearance!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting. Their time is nearly here.

    There is an interesting podcast on cesareans here:
    http://www.pregtastic.com/elective-cesarean-c-sections/

    And a birth story of twins here:
    http://www.pregtastic.com/betsys-birth-story/

    ReplyDelete